CALL FOR CURATOR APPLICATIONS
Vignette Art Fair 2019
The Women’s Museum Building, Fair Park
April 10th-14th, during Dallas Arts Month
Submission deadline: January 6, 2019
Curator Notified: January 20, 2019
Texas Vignette is seeking applications for female, or female identifying, curators for Vignette Art Fair 2019 in the Women’s Museum Building at Fair Park, April 10th-14th. This year’s fair will once again have three curator positions: The general exhibition curator, who will work with the traditional 2d and 3d works, the curator of Virtual, an exhibit dedicated to New Media Art, and the curator of Venture, a showcase of interactive art mediums, such as social practice, installation, and performance art.
The curators must be available to coordinate and attend the public opening of the exhibition the night of Wednesday, April 10th, as well as installation of the work from the 6th-10th. There will be opportunities to write about the show, and the possibility of interviews by local news organizations. You will report to the President of the chapter and work closely with both the Executive Board and staff at Fair Park.
Exhibition Curator Responsibilities
• Receive submissions from artists across the state and make selections for the show
• Curate a museum quality exhibition with complete autonomy
• Work with volunteers and artists to install the exhibition
• Participate in a public panel discussion
• Provide a private tour for local art collectors and writers
• Write an essay about the exhibition
• Collaborative work style
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• MA in Art History, Art Education, or equivalent experience preferred
• Must be available for opening the night of April 10, and TBD panel discussion
• The exhibition curator must be available for a three-day installation April 6-10
• Must be available for either Skype or in-person meetings with the Board
These positions will receive a small undetermined stipend, and will provide amazing exposure as Vignette will have extensive advertising by the organization and Fair Park. Please submit a resume and letter of interest for your desired position in a single PDF to email@example.com by January 6.